Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Well, I just got back from school, and man am I pooped! I am taking a Japanese language course, which is quite intensive. Basically, we have to learn the basics of the language, such as sentence structure and the rules of the language, which isn't so much really, except that the entire course has been compacted to insane levels. To give you an idea, the course regularly takes 4 months, or a whole semester. This spring course takes 9 days. That's it. So needless to say, things here go at a pretty brisk pace. You either keep up or you die trying. I am not dead yet, but it's getting close.


Man oh man, but am I getting restless here. Anybody who knows me knows that I hate this city and do not want to live here any longer than necessary. I got an offer from my good friend Shuu to stay with him for a week or so during the Pride festivities in Toronto this June. Normally, I would jump all over the chance to get away for a week or so, but there is the whole money situation.

As a ninja in training, I have obligations to my Sensei. The financial aspect of these obligations is very important, as if I do not resect them, I will have pissed off a very skilled ninja, which is never a good idea. Also, I have rent to pay to my parents, and an outstanding credit card debt that is on the verge of getting out of control. Plus, I owe my brother and some friends a total of $100 or so, which they are keen in getting back. Did i mention phone bills? These circumstances, coupled with the fact that I am just starting a new job that will not pay me right away, adds up to a hell of a time getting the scratch together for a flight.

But I'm trying. Oh god, but am I trying. I don't think I've spent more than $1 a day for personal expenses these past 2 weeks, not including gas for my car. If I don't get a break from this town soon, I will probably explode.

On the plus side, I've managed to convince the bank to see things MY way. Snotty bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home