Sunday, June 08, 2003

I will say this right now, Kiefer Sutherland has nothin' on me when it comes to goin 24 hours. However, he can take comfort knowing that he still looks sexier than me when he's being tortured with a soldering gun. Ouch. My first couple of working days have been great. I was posted at this gigantic Lafarge plant, where they dig rocks and make concrete. It was really great, because security there is met with NO EXPECTATIONS WHATSOEVER. These guys just pretty much run wild. We're given a company truck, and set loose on several acres of dirt. Needless to say, there is much fun to be had. However, that isn't even the best part of the job. On both of my 12 hour shifts there, I was met with absolutely NO human contact. I relieved the one guy from his post, waited 12 hours, and then he came back to relieve me. How cool is that? The worst part of any previous job that I had was the human component, and I will say right now that I am not fond of it. I love my job.

So, with time to kill, I started sketching some more, and the results weren't half bad. I was able to pound out a couple comics that I wouldn't mind scanning and coloring. My main focus is now on compiling characters. I am having trouble creating characters that can be distinguished by more than their hair style. Also, I can't draw girls. It's weird, but I can't. Something to work on I guess. I got 6 more shift comin' up starting Tuesday, working in some downtown building, so if I have half as much free time as I did at the plant, then I should be able to get a lot of good practice in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home