Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Well, I was only able to meet some of the physics gang, as I had to leave early and go to work. Work was really great though. I got a new all-time high score in Pac-Man!

I should explain. I like Pac-Man, to an almost unhealthy level. I have a GBA:SP, and Pac-Man has never left it for about 3 months now. I even have his image tattooed on my ankle. To date, I was never able to beat my high score of 89,000 points. I would try for hours at a time, to try an get a higher score. I know that there are those of you out there who would say that I should just look up the patterns online that would allow me to play for indefinite periods of time. But where's the fun in that?

So last night, I'm playing again, and I try to change my playing style. Normally I will try and take advantage of the point multipliers that happen when you eat more than one ghost on a power pellet. This gets risky, as you never know just when the power pellet will wear off. This time, I tried leaving the ghosts be, ignoring them if you will, and focusing on the 5,000 key grabs that happen later in the game. Truly, this is the way to go. My new high score is now 96,520, and I could not be happier. My new goal is to beat 100,000 points, and I see no reason why this shouldn't be possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home