Monday, June 02, 2003

Well, my toe is not broken, only bruised. It's still quite sore, so I will have to be careful with it tonite at the dojo. That's not too much of a problem as it stands, as I am still at a relatively low rank, and we don't work too hard as a rule. I just have to avoid Karl, as he is a pretty rough guy. Funny as hell, but a monster in training.

Talking with my buddy Ryan the other day, the topic of conversation landed upon jungle creatures. I have no idea how this happened, but Ryan (being the master of wacky trivia) made it a point to say that the hippopotamus is the jungle's most dangerous creature, more so than crocodiles or elephants. His claim is based on their ferocity, and the fact that they really don't care what they're eating. Omniverous, or something.

But this got me to thinking: what in hell is a hippo? Besides being hungry-hungry of course. I mean, are they some kind of jungle-horse, or a water-elephant? They really don't seem to belong to any particular species that come to me mind. I don't intend to lose any sleep over this, but it is a brain tickler, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home