Sunday, July 13, 2003

Sorry for the lack of updates this past few days, I really have no excuse. Todays will be kinda long though, so I hope that it makes up for it. We'll start by having my review of "Pirates of the Carribean."

I must regretfully report that it was a good movie. This is ONLY because of Johnny Depp's fantastic performance. Were he not in the movie, it would not be worth renting. He was so good in this film, that no amount of pirates, or UNDEAD pirates for that matter could spoil it for me. Keep in mind how much I hate pirates and the undead, and you can understand how well Mr. Depp did.

Also starring in this movie is Super-hunk Orlando Bloom, of Lord of the Rings fame. Why he was in this movie, I have no idea. If it was for sex appeal to the teenage girl crowd, I would have to say that he largely failed in this aspect. He does nothing sexy of any sort in the movie, and just kinda doddles his way through in the shadow of Johnny Depp. It would have been totally feasible to just write him out of the picture entirely. But seriously, there was so many times during the film where it would have been plot-relevant to have him at least take off his shirt. What a dissapointment.

Also, I've been working pretty solid here, which is good for the bank. I just finished a shift at the Post-office, and I can honestly say that it's true what they say about postal workers. Disgruntled to the max. But they only showed up during the final hour of my shift. The other 11 hours consisted of me working alongside Maureen, a long-time security guard of the site. I've never worked alongside anybody at this job before, as all other sites have been one-man jobs, so this got kinda ackward.

Actually, it wasn't really that bad. I think that Maureen shares my distaste for small talk, so we silently agreed to do our jobs from seperate rooms, where such nonsense would be impossible. It's not that I don't like talking to strangers. It's just that I have nothing to say, for the most part. And honestly, who the hell cares what I think about the weather? So, unless I have something pertinent to talk about, I usually won't say anything. It's not like I'm socially retarded or anything, it just sometimes looks that way.

You may have noticed that I have not been talking much about the comic lately. Fret not, it is still in production, although somewhat slower than before. The sites that I have been working at lately have not presented a great drawing environment, and as such, I have had to stick to playing pac-man and staring at the wall to pass the time. Still, if Fat Mike is reading this, your ass had better be darn near finished colouring all those pages I gave you. On a side note, I am not a fan of that latest colouring technique you showed me, it makes my drawing look as though they were done in MS paint. Your initial style was much better. I don't care if it takes longer, I would rather release one comic a week with that style than 3 a week with the crappy style.

I have to go to some crappy barbeque at my aunt's house this afternoon, after I wake up. I hate most of my extended family with a passion, much to the dismay of my parents. But it's not my fault that they suck so bad! Luckily, I need only suffer for a couple of hours before I have to excuse myself to leave for work once again. If anything interesting happens, I'll be sure to fill you in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home