Sunday, September 21, 2003

I am still sick. This blows. It's not as if I haven't been trying to get better, but it would seem that this illness is stubborn in taking it's time. I've been drinking the herbal teas, eating all the medication. I've even tried using laughter as the best medicine. And let me tell you, I laughed at those PSA things so hard I nearly wet myself. The "Body Massage" one is my favorite.

Also, in my perusing of the internet, I've come to find that my hero, Bruce Cambell, is starring in a new project! It's called Bubba Ho-Tep, and let me tell you that the concept is far stranger than the name. Get this: Back in his hey-day, Elvis (Bruce Cambell) switches roles with an impersonator, and ends up in an old folks home, alongside the real JFK (Ossie Davis), whose skin has been dyed black as part of a government conspiracy. None of this matters though, when an ancient Egyptian evil begins to terrorize the occupants of the rest home. Bound to their walkers and wheelchairs respectivley, the king of rock and one of the most beloved presidents of our time set forth to kick some undead ass! Check out the trailer and join me in anticipation. Not only does this film feature Bruce Cambell pitted against the evil undead, but apperantly it's winning awards at every film festival it's being played in. It will nt be featured in the upcoming Calgary Film Festival, which comes as a crushing blow, so I don't know if i'll even bother attending now. I really only wanted to see that movie by that guy who did that other movie, so I'll likely just wait for it on video.

Webcomic Corner
Todays webcomic is Angst Technology. It's never really too funny, and the reused panels in several hundred of the strips gets pretty annoying, so I have to wonder why on earth I still read it. "Because I'm addicted to these damn things" shouts the voice in my head. Oh well.

Well, I'm getting down to the bottom of my Green-Tea Coke, so I'll part with this one piece of advice. If you're going to be a serial killer, at least be a serial killer with a cool nickname. Stop all the downloading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home