Saturday, October 04, 2003

Well, tonight will be spent doing homework, mostly. There are two reasons for this. 1)I spent too much time dicking around, and now I have too many projects due. 2) I am training a new guy at work here, and things are getting ackward. He doesn't speak much english, but it doesn't stop him from constantly speaking. So, I am kinda hiding from him.

Random Crap
America is constantly finding ways to scare the crap outta me. Seriously.

I drew a comic last night that I think would be great for this site, and possibly even for the weekly campus paper, The Gauntlet. I really don't like the paper at all, because all it is are stupid communist articles, and when they DO rarely run a comics page, it sucks. So I think that I'll draw up a few comics and submit them, see if I can make something out of my crappy hobby.

Kill Bill is released next week. I'd like to talk about it, but i see no point. We all know WHY it will kick ass. That's just a matter of math. Quentin Tarintino+Cheesy Kung-Fu plot+Uma=Ass-kicking good time. My only concern is that it is almost too predictably good. It's too much of a safe bet, no matter how risky the concept sounds. But whatever. The one thing I WOULD like to talk about is the splitting of this movie into two halves. To me, this idea is far more revolutionary than the movie itself. I would argue that it should be taken one step further. Imagine if you will, going to the movies to see quick little films, maybe 45 minutes to an hour long, and only paying a fraction of the typical price. I think that a system such as this would allow for more independant film makers to have their stuff seen, as well as fly in the face of the typical Hollywood economy, which dictates not only who gets to be in movies, but what they are about, and how much we have to pay for them. Lord knows I wouldn't mind seeing an Oscar-worthy title in (heaven forbid!) the summer time. Of course, such a system of theatres could never stand, so I will throw my dreams away right now.

I hear that they will start selling liqour at the theatre now. I think that's great. I can't wait to spend $10 on a lousy bottle of beer, only to sit on the theatre with a bunch of drunk frat kids, who see fit to yell at the screen and each other. But I suppose that;s hardly a fair judgement, since I talk through movies all the time. If they're bad. And they usually are. Expect to find me fairly quiet during Kill Bill. Unless Uma ninja-rolls. Then I will stand on my seat and cheer. I really don't have a choice in that matter.

Webcomic Corner
Another in a long line of popular webcomics for unjustified reasons comes Ctrl+Alt+Del. Every punchline either involves the word "fuck", or the threat or act of brutal violence. Hardly anything I could call witty. There are some good Star-Wars jokes and references though. The long line of jokes around Star-Wars video games are worth the read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home