Sunday, November 09, 2003

Hey howdy! I'm at work right now, and I got a pizza on the way. It should be pretty good. I've had a huge pizza craving lately, which is weird. I've been scarfing down Boston Pizzas, Domino's Pizzas, Pizza Pops, you name it. The only problem is that pizza before sleep gives me really weird dreams. Same with mustard and pickles, but that's a whole other story.

I've got something to say, and I wouldn't mind at all if you listened.

I don't much care for the phone. Email is inbred with so many problems that it's used out of sheer social pressures. Instant messaging is cumbersome. One-on-one talking can be plain annoying. So with all these forms of communication that bother me, what would you guess is the one that I hold dearest to my heart?

The telegram.

Don't mess around with the telegram. It's serious about what it does. Just think for a minute, about how much better our lives would be history actually listened to it's unsent telegrams. There was this couple sitting by our crew at Mac Hall the other day, all makin' out like Armageddon was a comin'. It didn't, and they persisted to make out in our immediate vicinity. Now, I'm no prude, but that's just stupid. So, a telegram was sent. After glancing at it, the couple carried on like nothing had transpired! Blasphemy! Naturally, we sicked an angry Cara on the couple, and they ran off fearing for their lives. It didn't have to happen that way though, had they only heeded the telegram.

Webcomic Corner
A good webcomic for you guys to check out is Angel Moxie. It's kiddy, it's cute, and it's really well done. Start from the beginning and work your way from there. I can honestly say nothing bad about this comic.

Webcomic of Horror
When it comes to webcomics, and the internet in general, I suffer so that others don't have to. With my goal being to see the ENTIRE internet, you can imagine that I've seen some pretty ill shit. And I have. I've seen things that make you laugh, make you (not me) cry, and make you scratch your head.

My pizza just arrived. Philly Cheese Steak. Delicious.

Having said that, when it comes to the webcomics that I discuss in this feature, do not assume that I've merely glanced over them and passed judgement. I have consumed their entirety, plowed through teir mediocrity, and suffered through their horrors.

Never ever ever go to see Krakow. It is so terrible that I nearly vomited while crunching through the archives. Well, not really but it's bad.Same as El Goonish Shive, the comic is wrought with all sorts of the artists sexual shortcomings, and it plays out like some gothic-to-be kid's sexual fantasy. I mean, 4-nippled sucubus slaves and horny Nazi-women? What the hell man? I received word of this comic through a former friend of mine. Apperantly, this guy used to draw comics for the weekly campus newspaper at U of C. That's all the guy needs, encouragement. Way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home