Sunday, February 08, 2004

I really don't have much to say, so why don't I give you guys a couple of movie reviews.

Lost In Translation
It's an interesting character piece, but not much else. By way of comedy, it's original, but not generous. Bill Murray plays the exact same sad-sack that he did in Rushmore, another Sofia Coppola film that was much better, in my opinion. It's up for an Oscar, so watch it and feel smarter than everybody who hasn't.

High Fidelity
Fantastic. John Cusack leads a trio of record store workers who embody the very spirit of the Elitist Asshole which I adore. The writing is sharp as a tack, and Jack Black's show-stopping number at the end is pure gold. The DVD's deleted scenes are all really good, and I wish that many of them had been included in the original cut. Check it out already.

What's in myPod?
Obscure British hip-hop, that's what. Dizzee Rascal has got a sound and style that I've never heard before, and I like it. Check out the vdeo for his single, Fix Up, Look Sharp. It's like something straight out of the 80's, but with 21st century production values. Where can I get my hands on some of those Marvel T-shirts he's wearing? Juggernaut rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home