Saturday, March 06, 2004

Movie Review: Bubba Ho-Tep
Wow. Just wow. This took my expectations and blew them out of the water. I was expecting a campy romp of a horror film here, but what I got was so much more. Don Coscarelli, Bruce Campbell, and Ozzie Davis took what could have been the dumbest concept for a movie ever, and made it into what I would consider a powerful piece of cinematic work. The performances by Campbell and Davis were fantastic, Campbells even Oscar-worthy. He WAS Elvis, and through his inner dialougues we actually come to care about his character, as well as laugh with him. The film also deserves an Oscar for the make up jobs that were given. I've never seen something so realistic since Eddie Murphy's Coming To America, or Life. I will definitly be seeing this one again, so if you are making plans to go, call me. You know my number.

Also, there's gonna be a Barbeque at my place on Tuesday. If you're interested, let me know. I'll be making a batch of my world famous Ninpo Burgers, so you don't want to miss this.

What's on myPod
Broken Social Scene. I just found out that they did a show tonight, but to be honest, I don't care. They're not that great. They came to me reccomended by this hipster doofus, but I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about, unless we're just supposed to be proud that they're Canadian. Whoopee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home