Wednesday, May 05, 2004

As hard as I try, I can't induce spontaneous combustion in myself or others. I just received my rejection letter from SAIT, which means that next year will likely be spent half-assedly studying old dead white people, and other useless and boring garbage.

My parents are dead-set on me getting a receipt (oops, I mean diploma) of some sort, and it's driving me crazy. I just don't think post-secondary education is right for me. I used to think that I wanted to do video production and the like. I work in a building, where the only people I see are involved in video production and the like. They are miserable people, often working thankless and unpaid overtime. They hate themselves, in ways I only wish I could hate.

My dreams for life do not involve me doing a boring and thankless task, regardless of the money. Yeah, it would be cool to live in a sweet house and have tons of cool things, but at the cost of my soul? No thanks. My dreams lead to scurvy. Maybe I could work in a record shop, turning up my nose at anybody asking for the latest Christina Aguilera release. Maybe I could kill human beings for vast sums of money. Maybe I could just be a security guard until I die. I mean, I haven't gotten bored of it yet, right?

What's on myPod
Buck O' Nine's Record Store. It pretty much sums this whole situation up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home