Saturday, August 21, 2004

My First Bar Fight! or A Really Shitty Friday

What a terrible day. I get woken up by may boss at 11am, which is about 3am in Regular Human Time. This set the tone for the rest of my day. I then kinda-screwed-up our latest batch of wine (I don't think anything bad will come of it, but I would have prefered not screwing up in the first place). Then I went on a date, with this totally cool girl. I can't even begin to explain how cool she was. I like to think of myself as a pretty interesting guy, because other people have told me so. But on that date, in retrospect, I'm pretty sure that I was super-boring. None of my interesting stories (ie: portable sandwiches, the fifth-floor helicopter brigade) saw the light of day, and I was left with a dumb look on my face.

Way to go, champ.

The date contained a screening of that New Shark Movie, which was more pointless than I care to describe. Let's just say that it was the worst shark movie ever, mostly due to a lack of sharks.

Then I went with Phil and Fat Mike to the local pub, where we drank beers, played pool, and were generally merry. I lost every single game of Rock-Paper-Scissors played, but that seems so inconsequential by comparison to the rest of the night that I'll let it slide.

While leaving the pub, a couple of asshats (read: 5 asshats) wanted to show that they were Tough Guys, by fighting us. They would not take "no" for an answer. So there was a fight. There were horses, someone was on fire, and Fat Mike stabbed a man in the heart with a trident. I sprained my thumb whilst a-whaling on another mans kidneys.

Generally, I have had a dissapointing day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home