Friday, September 24, 2004

I tried to update yesterday, but Blogger lost my post. I was kind of in a rush, so I didn't bother to retype all the crap. Let's see what I can come up with anyway.

Well, it finally happened. I got a speeding ticket. For years, any vehicle I rode in was undetectable to photo radar, and completely ignorable to cops, regardless of how fast I was going when I passed them on the roads. But my record is now sullied by this damned ticket.

This, coupled with my cars recent need of major repairs has made for an expensive week. I may need to put that G5 on hold for a bit. Damn.

I have been saving a ton of time and money on music by riding the bit torrent wave. Entire albums and discographies in a fraction of the time that it would take to track down each individual song on Kazaa. The only problem is that it's hard to find albums that aren't either brand new, or extremely popular. I got the discography of Modest Mouse, including the impossible-to-find Japanese release of The Moon and Antarctica, easily their most powerful album.

I also discovered a new band, The Ordinary Boys. To describe their album, Over the Counter Culture, imagine Franz Ferdinand fronting a kinder, gentler, more British Goldfinger. Seaside is a track to look for if you can.

Ryan, I totally agree with your views on social conventions. Interactions just become so much more natural when such pretense is thrown out the window. For example, Adriane, this girl that I'm dating, is listening to my car problems, and says right out "wow, your car is shitty". No consolation as to how much the situation sucks for me at all, because she probably doesn't care. This girl is fucking awesome. I'm going to try and convince her to see Sean of the Dead with me tonight. We saw Garden State a couple of weeks ago, and that was really cool. The best part of the movie was when during the heart-wrenching climax, somebody in the back of the theatre dropped a ring or a coin, and it slowly rolled all the way to the front, rather noisily. We both looked at each other and laughed our heads off until we were *shushed* by several parties.

These are the kinds of social conventions that we can do without. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home