Saturday, October 09, 2004

I think that it could be understood that with my latest infusion of music to my iPod, I might slack off on my duty to constantly seek out new and cool musical acts. However, this could not be further from the truth. To stand as proof to this, I would like to direct your attention to The Littlest Man Band. This band is to Reel Big Fish as The Foo Fighters are to Nirvana, kind of. The Fish haven't broken up by any means, but Scott Klopenstein (trumpet player) has gone and started a side project. It's startlingly fresh to hear some ska/jazz fronted by a trumpet player. I think bands like that died off in the 40's, so this is pretty rad. Four demo songs are free to download, and I'd encourage you to do so.

I'm still searching for a copy of Photoshop for Mac, so new playlists and comics are on hold until then. I was able to find a copy of the original Doom, and that's a lot of fun. It's hard to believe that a game with such laughable graphics could stir up such controversy back in it's day. It makes me think that it's opponents had an idea of how advanced the industry would get, but that's a little too insightful for a lobby group with their heads up their collective asses.

My Top 5 All Time Best Comedy Movies List is facing some serious competition lately. The release of Anchorman was granted an instant induction to The List. And now there is the small matter of Napolean Dynamite. I make no exagerration when I say that this movie does not have one scene that isn't funny. This is comedic editing at it's finest. I can imagine the editors talking over a scene now:

"Is it funny?"
"Well, no. But it could be considered neccesarry to develop the plot."
"Scrap it."

It's that funny. In other movie news, Hollywood may either be glorifying my childhood, or raping it. God I hope this is good. Part of me harkens back to the old days of listening to old Bill Cosby records and laughing my ass off, and yet another part of me is screaming - "They fucked up Garfield!!! What hope does this have?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home