Monday, November 15, 2004

Halo 2's campaign mode is brilliant, gameplay-wise. The pacing is tight, and the difficulty ramps up at just the right times. The big problem comes with the storyline. Here's an excert of me playing through the game.

Me: "Alright, this has the possibilty to get interesting."
Halo 2: "Trust me, things will get interesting"

A few hours later...
Me: "Okay, things are starting to get a little interesting."
Halo 2: "Trust me, things will get interesting"

A few more hours later...
Me: "Yeah! NOW things are interesting!"
Halo 2: "Great, then I'm sure that you'll love Halo 3! See ya in 2008, sucker!"

At least the multiplayer kicks severe ass.

So I guess that the plan is to go see James Brown on December 8th. I am very excited for this, because I rarely get the opportunity to see shows, and also because it's the Godfather of Soul. To help get with it now, you guys should check out Beat The Devil, a short film that vaguely resembles a commercial of sorts. It features James Brown, who is betting the soul of his driver (Cliive Owen, the baddest ass in all of Britain) against Satan for another 50 years of youth, fame, and fortune. The best part of the movie? James Brown's lines are subtitled for the funk impaired.

I'm actually kind of dissapointed that Ryan's new Spacemonkeyz vs. Gorillaz CD doesn't include a remix of Rock the house. That was one of my favorite tracks. What I would like to know is how Ryan feels this CD compares to the Gorillaz's other remix album, The G-Sides. Isn't it odd how this mish-mash of producers/musicans were aable to merit more remix albums than work they've actually produced themselves?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home