Monday, November 22, 2004

Y'know, sometimes life takes things easy on you, cuts you some slack. And that's pretty rad. I had a date last night, and halfway through, I was totally prepared to post a funny story about how I screwed up again. But by some amazing fluke, I didn't (screw up). We went to Julio's (this awesome restaraunt in Kensington), saw What The Bleep Do We Know?, and then went back to her place to watch Donnie Darko. Both of these movies are fantastic, the latter more so. What The Bleep is a feel-good picture about quantum mechanics, which thankfully employs some documentary style explanations. Otherwise, it would be crap. Donnie Darko is rad, but don't ask me what it's about. I've got no freakin' clue.

Had I screwed up, I would have posted something like this...

Things To Not Do On A First Date With A Vegan
- Don't wear your leather jacket. Don't ask her to feel the wool lining to see how warm it is.
- At dinner, don't order steak. Don't order it rare. Don't request that it be so rare that you can still hear the cow moo-ing.
- Don't refer to veganism as "all that hippy crap".
- Don't say that your favorite part of "Supersize Me" was Morgan Spurlock's kickass mustache.
- Instead, you may want to consider lying your ass off.

So now I'm reading essays on Donnie Darko, trying to piece together what the hell was going on. That seems like a pretty good way to end this post. Laters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home