Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Internet, I Forsake Thee
Long have I been a friend of Free Speech. I like the idea that anybody who has something important to say should be allowed to say it whenever he wants to.

I do not believe in free speech anymore. The reason being is that there are too many fuckwads on this planet. There are very few people who should be allowed to talk. The rest just want to scream and whine and fart, pausing only briefly to breathe with their mouths.

As I'm sure a few of you have guessed, this goes back to online gaming. I can't do it anymore. It's simply too frustrating trying to play while some internet fuckwad is screeching in my ear. I simply refuse to play like that now.

Perhaps you're thinking now: "But Tay, if you quit the internet, the fuckwads win!"

I say: Fine. Let 'em win. They can have the internet. I am more than ready to accept defeat at the hands of the ignorant, who are born by the metric ton every day. May they control this virtual realm with an iron fist, trolling around anime message boards and posting drawings of horse genitals wherever they see fit. It's simply not worth the frustration for me to fight this.

Having said all this, I will still play Halo online, under one condition. I will not use the headset, should the presense of a single anonymous figure be heard. I would rather play Resident Evil 4 than deal with that shit. Lord knows it was all I could do to keep from taking the hedge clippers to the cable line last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home