Monday, March 28, 2005

Shit Shit You Guys!

This is super-uber-important! The Gorillaz have a new video, new producer, and new lead rapper. This is fucking important shit.

Dan the Automator is out. Danger Mouse (remember the Grey Album?) is in. The new single? Shit hot. The accompanying video? Pure genious.

Who is the rapper though? I swear I've heard him before, but I can't put my finger on it. Can I get a little help maybe?

Watch the video, if only for the insane production values and artistic vision. You don't have to like these guys for the music to dig their shit.

Also Ryan: don't forget to book off April 14th, if you haven't already done so.

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Oops. I forgot. It's too late now. However, I was just not scheduled for that day just like most Thursdays, so my stupidity didn't screw me this time.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger jon said...

HOLY SHIT

De La Soul

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger jon said...

I think

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger jon said...

Ok, I googled it and it is De La Soul. They aren't the main rappers though, from what I can see they just do this song. Too bad, they do a damn good job here. Also, this is easily the best Gorillaz song I have ever heard.

What's great is track 5 on the album is called 'Dirty Harry', and track 5 on the S/T album was, of course, 'Clint Eastwood'.

Tay, apparently the CD has been leaked already (well, the promo at least). I can't find it anywhere though.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Tay said...

I thought it might have been, but I wasn't sure. You have to admit, this really isn't De La's typical sound.

In any case, I had heard that the album's been leaked, and I can't find a copy on the torrent sites. Same deal with the new Reel Big Fish album. Early reports say that it may be their best work yet though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home