Saturday, April 09, 2005

Dammit People

So I guess some stupid record company thought that it would be a good idea to put copy control crap on the new Kasabian album. I would just like to state that it is indeed not a good idea, as now I can't listen to the damned thing. Obviously there's a way around this for people who know things about this. Does anybody know things about this?

I'm sure that this is a super rad album, except that the copy controls make it sound like it's being played on a broken record player, all screwy and chopped up. I also bought Bloc Party's Silent Alarm, Louis XIV's The Best Little Secrets are Kept, and The Mars Volta's Frances the Mute. I'm sure if you read Ryans site I need not review the latter. Actually, I'm so pissed of by this whole copy control thing that I don't think I'll review any of them. I'm gonna go play the new Splinter Cell and put the Chokie Roberts on some unsuspecting losers.

Also, for 50 points Ryan, The RZA goes by the moniker of Bobby Digital. Do I get any bonus points for not having to use Google? I think that some kind of honour system will have to be in place for these things.

6 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Hey, hey, I wasn't trying to claim points, I was just curious. I happen to like the pinano on that track is all. Better than I liked Astrud, at least. Although free car washes are very appealing.

Is there a way to get by the copy control? My Joss Stone won't rip to MD either, same problem.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I actually have only listened to the first three tracks on that Mars Volta album.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger jon said...

Hmm, maybe try using EAC to rip it. EAC was my decoder of choice when I used a PC. If EAC works (I'm pretty sure EAC only rips to .wav) then drag the files to iTunes, convert to AAC, and delete the original .wavs.

I have no idea if it will work, but as I recall, EAC was the best ripper around.

Also, I totally posted the Bobby Digital yesterday morning on my own blog. THE POINTS ARE MINE

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!! WITH BARBECUE SAUCE!!!

Hey, you should turn the barabaresco into barbecue sauce. It could be the next big thing.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Baraberesco vinegarette is my mater plan.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tay said...

That's too bad. I was just thinking about making a barbeque sauce label depicting a cartoon punk getting hit in the face with a delicious steak.

"Barbaresco Bar-B-Q... Going upside your face with flavour!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home