Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I Got A Phone Call Today

A lady with a phone woke me up today. It was kinda funny. I think that her name was Survey Lady.

Survey Lady: Hello, is your name Taylor?
Me: Lucky guess. My turn. Is your name Sheryl?
SL: Um, no. I'm with (some kind of a survey company) doing research for the government concerning students who drop out of university before completing their degree. Do you have a couple of minutes?
Me: Do you have a catergory in your survey for students who drop out as a result of winning millions in the lottery?
SL: Ah, no. Did you really win the lottery?
Me: No, I just kinda want to fuck with your data.
SL: Pardon me?
Me: *sigh* Nevermind.
*click*

Really, I don't have much else to say. Did I remember to link you guys to 1-Dimensional Tetris?

Ooh, and you should also check out how well they did the whale-scene for the upcoming Hitchhiker movie.

9 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Have you gotten around to reading any of that yet?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Yeah dude, I burned through the first book last night, and started the second, I'll be done that by Friday for sure. I got Choke and Diary from Palahniuk ready for you if you're interested.

Diary was good, but it was certainly atypical for the author. Rather than a scathing anti-issue book built around a character with a central theme of therapy, this is more of a psuedo-paranormal thriller, that is only slightly scathing in an anti-issue sort of way. I think that it would make a good movie.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Uh, yeah, the high score list of 1D Tetris is like the top 10 biggest losers in the world list. Here it is!

TOP 10 LOSERS

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Tay said...

To be fair, I'm sure that those high score players simply allow the game to run in the background for days on end, letting the score rack up.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger The Irishman said...

I'm with tay on that one... no one is that lonely and bored... I mean, I can think of at least ONE thing one can do in their spare time alone... but my church forbides it.

-smartass

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I can think of ONE person that lonely... huh huh huh huh, that lonely, huh huh huh huh.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

The fact that they actually left it in the background so that THEY could get a high score in 1D Tetris...Loserville. Sorry if you guys did this.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Totally unrelated to 1-D Whales and Lionel doing things forbidden by churches, but just wanted to give internet-props (/props? {props}?) for the most excellent BBQ. It was luscious. Pina-Hamburgahs rock!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger The Irishman said...

screw all yall and saturday bbq... or at least the one's I'm not at...

-did you know its wise to check a door for glass shards before pushing it open? Yeah, cuz if not, you get an inch long slice in your hand, and it bleeds, and it hurts, and it'll probably leave a nasty scar... if only I was that wise 7 hours ago...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home