Saturday, April 30, 2005

Mission Accomplished

I've now read all of Chuck Palahniuk's fictional releases. There may be a magazine submission or something somewhere that I'm missing, but the hard stuff is done. It's really interesting to look back at the collection and think of some of the shared themes that the books have, such as:

-Self improvement through self-destruction (Fight Club, Invisible Monsters)
-City hopping/road trips (Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, Lullabye, Survivor)
-Therapy groups (Fight Club, Choke)
-Shitting your pants (Choke, Diary)
-Scamming your job/blackmailing corporations/basically getting free money (Freakin' all of them)

I'd be curious to hear from Ryan what he thinks the main theme of Diary was, or what the prevailing message or anything. As for me, I'm going to tackle the collective works of Douglas Adams, beyong HHGG. Speaking of which, I'm too excited for the movie.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I think the main theme is that Chuck Palhnuik hates everything and it would be nice if he could share his hatered of everything with the world.

Seriously speaking though, I think it would be hard to nail down one main theme. This book just doesn't strike me as being structured that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home