Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What The Hell Is Up With Back To The Future?

Before Ryan tells you his candy-ass version of the story, I thought that I might let you fellows in on the little conversation he and I had last night.

Me: Hello?
Ryan: Hey, it's that guy Ryan. I am being forced to call you.
Me: I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps-
Ryan: Listen asshole, it's time to throw down. I'm tired of your Ninpo Burgers ruling the barbeque season. This Saturday, it's on.
Me: Correct me if I'm wrong but are you asking for a challenge?

Okay, so that may be a slight exagerration, save for the conversation's opening. The gist is clear however: a friendly challenge has been made, and on Saturday you will see me and Ryan with our best offerings of meat from a barbeque. In all seriousness, I am not offended by this challenge to my barbeque supremacy, in fact quite the opposite. I am hoping that Ryan sees fit to push the boundries, and bring some innovation to the table. I can't think of anybody else that I'd rather lose to. Having said that, I do not intend to make this an easy feat for him.

Little does Ryan suspect that I have a secret weapon on my side this time, something he will not be expecting. I am going to go upside his face with flavours.

10 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Oh yeah, and for a quick 25 points, can somebody tell me why Marty McFly went back to the 50's in the first movie? I know why he went back in Part 2 (Back to the Future 2: Future's Revenge - this time, the futue is personal!), but for the life of me I can't figure out why he would back to that boring decade in the first place.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Also, W00T!
I finally got that Kasabian album to rip properly. Reading the back of the CD case, I realized that the problem lay not in the ripping software, but in the software that is installed in the disc. So I opened up a list of all active drivers, popped in the CD, found the new driver that popped up, and disabled the fuck out of it.

iTunes ripped it a new one. I couldn't be more proud.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Tay said...

I Can't Stop Typing!
Ryan, I just caught that My Chemical Romance video on iTunes. I'm not sure what to make of it. I mean, it would be so easy to hate. Some reasons being:

- Screamo is a flawed sub-genre derived from an already flawed sub-genre. It's a sub-sub-genre?

- Robert Smith will have to kindly ask the lead singer to return his head.

But then on the other hand, the rest of the band looks pretty normal. Also, they've got a hot dead chick that does a little dance and gropes her boobs. That was rad. Ooh, and it also offers a fair depiction of how much standing up/sitting down is neccessary in church. I liked that part. That, and the tune is just catchy.

All I know is that it's better than anything Coheed & Cambria's ever done, but that's not saying much.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I will be pushing the boundaries, as far a burgers go. However, it is still too soon to say if it will be a victory for flavors everywhere or a quite the opposite.

Of course, I don't seriously intend on besting Tay's Ninpo Burgers. I haven't had time to sufficently prepare for that yet. I do intend on give Tay a run for his money. Like Adam and Mike said, no matter who wins, they win because they get to eat two burgers.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

And for the 50 points, I thought McFly went "Back to the Future" in the first movie to NOT make out with his mom and keep his family from becoming degenerate hicks...or disappearing.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tay said...

But that doesn't make sense. Why would he have to time travel to not make out with his hot mom? The whole reason that became an issue was because he screwed up when he time travelled.

There has to be some other reason they went back in time.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger jon said...

If I recall correctly, Doc gets wasted in a driveby and McFly jumps in the Delorean to escape. I think going back in time is an accident - McFly is speeding away and when the speedometer hits 88, poof.

It's been a while since I've seen that movie, I'm not sure. Maybe I'm wrong.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger The Irishman said...

I'm pretty sure doc gets smoked, and mcfly goes to whatever time is set, fleeing from terorists. I believe when doc was showing it he had typed in the year of when his parents met and when mcfly went he had the intention to fix some wrongs, and warn doc not to go to the mall on that very night to avoid be shot upside the head by arabs.

correct me if I'm wrong as, I too, haven't seen it in forever.

-mloc

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Can't you use your admin powers to get rid of that, Tay?

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...And how much Tramadol could Biff have gotten for that price?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home