Wednesday, May 18, 2005


That's right folks, it's the Return of The Mac. I couldn't be happier right now, unless I was drinking some Dr. Pepper and receiving sexual favours. And since it looks like I can't get any Dr. Pepper until I hit the theatre for the midnight show of Ep 3, and that I won't be getting sexual favours anytime soon on account of my attitude towards poor grammar, this is about as happy as I can expect to be for some time.

I'd like to give some shout-outs to my boys at Compusmart, who were actually kind enough to get the computer in question in under a month. Those fellas at My Mac Dealer won't have any for 2 weeks, and will charge me and extra $20. One thing's for sure, nobody says "up yours customer" to me. I am the one who says "up yours customer".

Well, I hope that everybody has a great weekend, and in the meantime try not to the words that or had twice consecutively. It may be grammatically correct, it's just that that shit really bugs me. I know that I had had enough of it last week, that's for sure.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering if it's fun to throw a wad of bills the size of your fist at a dude's head: yes, it is fun to throw a wad of bills the size of your fist at a dude's head.

5 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger jon said...

It's... beautiful...

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Are you referring to the computer, or the wad of cash? You'd be right in either case.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

and in the meantime try not to the words that or had twice consecutively

Tell me that whole sentence was a mistake on purpose...

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Tay said...

woops, looks like you caught me. I meant to say in the meantime try not to use the words "that" or "had" twice consecutively.

I'm actually quite interested in the legitimacy of such grammar.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

It's all legit. 2legit 2quit even.

Here's one to make your head blow up.

"Had had" is actually the past perfect tense, not the past participle, as dude posited. Here is more info.

"That that" is legit too. Personally, I think it's necessary for flow/disambiguation sometimes, but also clumsy. I'm pretty ok with the "had had". Changing it to a contraction might help: "I'd had just about enough of his sass", etc.

Dammit people, how do you expect me to get any work done when you make seminal posts on interesting topics, and give me unlimited access to Google?

Tee-hee-hee. Seminal sounds dirty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home