Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I guess every now and then I need to remind myself why it's a bad idea to try and shop at Best Buy. The following is a conversation that was held trying to get a new iPod.

Me: Do you guys have the 60 gig iPod photo?
Best Buy Asshat: We got the 30 gig.
Me: (annoyed that he's answering a question that I didn't ask) That's cool, I'll just take two of those and duct tape them together.
BBA: Alright, one sec.

I can feel a headache coming on as he's actually getting his keys to get me two iPods. So of course they don't have what I want, but readily suggest that I buy one from them online. I explain that their online store doesn't honour their own credit card, but suggest that they special order it from the online store to an actual store, where I could make the purchase. That kind of thinking earned me a stupid look, the kind that lets you know he'd like to talk to his manager about this, but doesn't want to lose face or do any actual work.

It's all good though, because as I was leaving I remembered that Matthew just got a job at West World Mac Dealer, where he will make commission on such a purchase. He'd kill me if I bought from Best Buy, so maybe this is all for the best. Ryan, Matthew will probably kill you too if you don't buy from him. Fair warning.

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger jon said...

I think Ryan ordered his online

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

You know. Any accessories will be purchased from Matthew as a peace offering. Maybe I will also get him a cookie.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Fair enough, I'm sure he can't get that mad at you, especially since I wasn't able to get the message out quick enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home