Friday, June 10, 2005

Jon, I have that $36 dollars that I owe you. Maybe if you're coming to whatever-the-hell-it-is-we're-doing-for-Phil's-birthday, I can give it to you then.

I got to see Crash tonight. That was an incredibly powerful movie. I will admit, there was one scene where I almost cried. Almost. The whole move is about racial relations/tensions, and it plays off every single angle of that central theme. I think the greatest part of the movie is that there are very few characters who are likeable througout the entire movie. Brendan Fraser is the DA for Las Angeles, and seems likeable enough, but makes decisions based completely on race rather than what's just ("We need a picture of me giving a medal to a black guy!"). Ludacris plays one of my favorite characters in the movie, and actually does a really good job. He's a carjacker who's convinced that nearly every facet of society is a conspiracy against black people. And he hates rap, which I thought was funny, unfortunately he doesn't stay on that topic of conversation for long.

See the movie. If need be, puch yourself in the arm to hold the tears in.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Oh man Architecture in Helsinki's Fingers Crossed is amazing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home