Saturday, June 04, 2005

Man, biking is fun. I was testing to see how long it would take to get to work yesterday, and for the entire ride back home I couldn't stop smiling. I was wondering if it was possible before, and now I think it is.

I'm moving out. Not right away, August is the target date. And believe it or not, but I'm planning on moving out with the person I once said would be the last person I'd ever move in with. Fat Mike. For all the fun I make of him, he's proven himself able to outplay, outlast, and reliably pay the rent when compared to others. So the plan is this: I need to pay off my debts by August. This means no new iPod, I'm going to simply pick and choose what I want to leave out. It means no picking up albums on Tuesdays, I'll download what I can and borrow what I can't (please?). It means no second dinners, no all-you-can-eats, no drinks after the movie, and no movie to start with.

Instead, for the next few months I'll be having fun in ways that are either free, or already paid for. Biking seems to be pretty good times, and my computer offers tons of fun by way of Photoshop and GarageBand. Ryan, just wait until you see what I'm doing with those pictures I took with the guitar, they're gonna be awesome.

To help me in my quest to save my money, I would ask that you all think of me like Phil: don't even bother to ask me to go anywhere that would recquire me to spend money. The wallet is willing, but the spirit is weak.

Well, I'm out of here for now. I've got a date tonight, and I'm hoping that she doesn't mind going dutch on coffee. I'm also hoping she doesn't realize that I'm poor as all hell when I show up on my bike. More than anything else though, I'm hoping she's not a vegetarian. That's a cycle that needs to break.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

That's hilarious about the biking and the smiling. Seriously. I used to bike my way to work and home in the summer months too. And every time I felt that cool morning air in my face, I smiled. Dunno what it is about biking, but most people smile. Unless, of course, your a japanese business woman riding in pumps and a business skirt while smoking and typing on your cell phone. Then you just fucking insane.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Your women do that shit on bikes? Clearly, insane driving in our country has a long way to go. What would be even funnier is if she kept using her arm to signal, but never turned, like she forgot to turn it off or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home