Friday, June 03, 2005

More Than Two Problems

Well, it's a good thing that I bought that computer with straight-up cash, because there are some hella problems now. My lemon for a car has just broken again (what is the deal with fucking axles, and their need to break every 4 months?), and I am quite broke. This news did not go over well with my dad, who sees not having an extra $300 to blow on my car at the drop of a hat to be a serious problem.

So now it's all "you need to be more responsible" this, and "10% of your paychecque" that, until I'm blue in the face from getting his long-winded financial advice. It would be much shorter if he could finish a sentence, ever. If you've ever met the guy, you'll know how annoying it is to talk to a man who will start a sentence, stop, wait upwards of 45 seconds (I used a stopwatch), and then finish it, all the while never breaking his stone-cold stare at you.

To make a long story short, I've started riding my bike. I tested to see how long it would take to bike to the office, and it's not that much worse than driving. God knows I could use the excersize. And compared to taking the bus, it's at least twice as fast. Stupid Calgary transit, they're so far behind they still refer to their fleet as "horseless carriages".

So my mobility for the next few weeks has been slightly stumped, as has my ability to buy that new iPod. Sometimes it's just really hard to get a leg up no the pile, y'know?

For something a bit more light-hearted, I found a switch commercial you might dig.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home