Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Full of Internets

The cable guy came by and got us hooked up with no troubles, immediatly after which we began work on running illegal splitters and routers for the rest of the house. I don't even think we said "bye" to the dude, our arms so filled with coax cable that we didn't notice him leave. It turns out that in the 5 or so days I was without internets, I became inexcuseably behind on my RSS feeds. 90 unread comics, 10 unread blogs, and too much unread stuff not on RSS feeds to bother with. It's like surfing the internet became a job that I really suck at.

So what else is fun? Ooh, sneaking into your old house aat night to raid the deep freeze of all it's delicious stock. That's fun. Food is hella expensive. I've spent about $130 or so dollars just this week. Honestly, I have no way to guage just how long any of it's gonna last. Will I need to go get more groceries tomorrow? What the hell am I missing?

Moving out has been a pretty rad experience though. Things are finally starting to shape up; I've got my room all painted/decorated, there's space to cook in the kitchen, and while we may not have chairs to accompany it, we do have a kitchen table for eating on. There's only one thing that's really irked me about the whole situation so far: Fat Mike is a food waster. He wastes food. I made a fancy dinner of orange curry chicken, baby potatoes, and spinach salad w/ vanilla dressing, and he wanted to throw out damn near half his plate. While otherwise might roll my eyes at this, I had just spent about $90 to get all the ingredients together for this meal.

Make no mistake: I am quickly becoming my father's son.

5 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Just a word of advice: Don't make other people's meals.

You'll feel like ass afterwards when they're all like "Fuck man, do you even KNOW what the word cook means?!"

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

That's the real reason we bring Kyle out with us. So he'll eat our leftovers. Like those dry ribs at BP's, man those were subtandard.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I'd just like to interject for a second to say that that shit was fuckin' delicious.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Tay said...

You're damn right it was. The only people who need to worry about not forcing their food on others are those who suck with food. I am not one of these people.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Taste is subjective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home