Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Kind of Funny Story

So I tried to sleep in this afternoon, but I was having problems. It would seem that as soon as I was getting ready to fall asleep, I would hear this dull, rhythmic thumping that seemed to be coming from upstairs. I'm pretty sure I know what's going on.Christ, I thought. I don't need this. I wasn't too worried, these kinds of disturbances only last 5 minutes or so. But this went on for at least 3 hours. I'm certainly not going to be the one to try and disrupt this kind of thing, so I spent most of the afternoon with headphones at maximum volume. The really funny end to this story was that as I left the house for work, I could see that the noises weren't coming from inside my house, but rather from the basement of my neighbor. He was renovating his basement, and had been spending the afternoon nailing in 2x4's. I had to laugh.

In other news, Mr T has given up his trademark gold chains to more accurately reflect his heart of gold. This is what more celebreties should strive to be: the kind of person who exploits there fame to actually help people, rather than just force their own personal politics on them. Fuck you, Bono.

7 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Yeah! Those African countries will pay back every last cent with interest! Fuck you and your personal politics, Bono!

In all seriousness though, T seems like a nice enough guy, but the show sounds like Touched by an Angel, but instead of Roma Downey, you've got Mr. T. Not exactly great television, if you ask me.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

I used to be an A-Team fan when I was a kid. Watched it all the time. Came on just before Knight Rider (also loved it). My favourite quote from that link:

"To the bad guys it's thug or tough, but for the women and children it stands for tender."

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger The Irishman said...

I'm too tired to do the ol' rant Cara. Let's just all agree that my laziness prevents me from doing what we all expect. Therefore, in theory, there's no reason to do it as we all know what it entails, "Bono is God, etc. etc."

Mike, that's funny, I was just going to mention that line as well. Mr. T does seem to be a fairly solid guy... but did he say he'd sell his jewels, or not wear them in public? If its the latter, I bet you he has the most pimped out pj's you eva seen foo!

-sleep, where have you gone?

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Perhaps he did as Adam just suggested, and donated them to The Smithsonian.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Oops. What I meant to say was LOOK HERE!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Tay said...

DUDE! That's rad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home