Thursday, December 29, 2005

High-Density Blogging

My way was wrong, and too time consuming. I like your way better. Let's finish this, so that I can move on to blogging about other things.

Best Music Video
1. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc
2. Michaael Buble - Feeling Good
3. Beck - Girl

Best Collaboration
1. Calexico/Iron & Wine - In the Reins
2. Danger Mouse/MF Doom - The Mouse & The Mask
3. Chrysler/RZA - The Wu-Mobile
4. MIA/Diplo - Piracy Funds Terrorism

Worst Album
1. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
2. 22-20's - Self-Titled
3. Martha Wainwright - Self-Titled

Best Albums, 2005
Gorillaz - Demon Days
All Girl Summer Fun Band - Two
Clem Snide - End of Love
Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary
Dangerdoom - The Mouse & The Mask
Calexico/Iron&Wine - In the Reins
Stars - Set Yourself on Fire
Eels - Blinking Lights and Other Revelations
Blueprint - 1988
Deathcab For Cutie - Plans
Stephen Malkmus - Face the Truth
Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Shout Out Louds - Howl Howl Gaff Gaff

There we go, all done. You owe it to yourself to listen to these albums (except those listed in the "worst" catergory, obviously). I don't really feel like saying much more about this, except that music was pretty rad this year, and I can't wait to see if 2006 can compare. I dare you to try, 2006.

6 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Ahhh! You put something by Michael Bublé on a 'Best Of' list and it wasn't intended ironically! I love you, man!!!!

Or was it intendid ironically? I hope not. It was a darn great video... made me want to have his babies, etc. The video itself was pretty ironic, I guess. Ironic.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Tay said...

No, I chose that video bfor a very good reason: Michael Buble understands the importance of cramming as many 60's looking girls into a video as possible. This is very important. Also, it is a pretty good song.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Tay said...

This is to say that the girls in the video look like they are from the 60's decade, not that they look like they are in their 60's. This is also important.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

As much as I love the album, Two was released in '03 - unless there was some re-issue or something that lets it in on a technicality, which would be awesome.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Damn! I was totally sure that I was not making the faux pas of listing an older album on this feature. But Ryan was good, and caught me. If anything, let's just say that the album was good enough to be on a "Best of" list for 3 years in a row.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I love that album too, so it works for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home