Sunday, December 04, 2005

I don't usually do this...

But I'm gonna hit you with the remix. Beck's got a remix album coming out in a couple weeks, entitled Guerolito. There's some pretty top-notch talent covering this material. Not only do we get some remix's found in 2005's best EP, Gameboy Homeboy and the Guero: Deluxe Edition, but we also get some sounds from Adrock, Air, and more. Diplo even shows up to remind us all why he should never be trusted to make original material, but should rather stick to remix's and mash-ups. You can sample some of the stuff here to see if it's to your liking, as well as watch some of the coolest videos ever at the shittiest quality possible. Pesonally, I'm a huge fan of Hell Yes's dancing Qrio robots. That's just fun stuff.

4 Comments:

At 4:31 AM, Blogger Tay said...

What is this anyway, the year of the remix? Bloc Party, DFA 1979, Interpol, and Beck are all getting their own remix albums out. It looks like I've got a new catergory to work with for my upcoming blockbuster feature, my Best Of 2005 List. Before I even start on that though, I'm going to need a better name for it. Any suggestions?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger jon said...

I'd forgotten that Guerolito was coming out, thanks for the reminder.

I'm definitely looking forwards to the El-P remix. That should be interesting.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Guerolito can't be nearly as good as Puffy Daddy's We Invented the Remix album.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Oh yeah! I totally forgot that he invented the remix. Without his pioneering spirit, we'd never have crappy radio remixes, or scenes in rap videos with guys throwing money out of limos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home