Sunday, December 18, 2005

There was a fair amount of remix albums released this year, such that I thought they deserved their own catergory. One large dissapointment however is the lack of any Demon Days remix project. If I recall correctly, G-Sides dropped not too long after the LP in 2K. Maybe in 2006. Oh well, here we go:



Romance Bloody Romance is just bloody awesome. Not only do many of the tracks transform and at times amplify the raw energy of DFA, but there are also some interestingly subdued remixes as well. If you like Black History Month you owe it to yourself to pick up this record.

What I like about Guerolito is the quality of his guest list, and how well his unique sound can compliment such a wide variety of artists. In my dreams, Beck teams up with Buck 65 for a rap attack. In the meantime, I have no problem settling for this record. Just a side note: Does anybody else find it weird that The Boarders of Canada are British?

Silent Alarm Remixed gets a nod almost solely due to the fact that DFA does a wicked cover of Luno. The rest of the artists seem to me like they'd rather get back to making music without any semblence of tempo, lyrics, and rythm. Like Broken Social Scene, but techno.

5 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Yes and no. It seems odd at first, but I heard they got their name from sampling stuff from the Film Board of Canada.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger jon said...

boards of canada are scottish, actually

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Scottish, British, Irish, what's the difference?

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger The Irishman said...

um, quite a lot

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Yeah, I know, I just wanted to mess with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home