Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 = No Bullshit!

Alright, after this New Year's post, things will calm down a little. Blogging on a near-daily basis is kinda lame. But it's 2006 now, so I figure that there's one thing that we should be talking about: New Year's resolutions.

I myself have made several. Two of these can be classified as slogans, or mottos if you will. The first one is "No Bullshit!". I think that Lewis Black would love this resolution. Basically, don't expect me to put up with abusive people, fence-sitters, and losers in general. That's right people, if you thought that I was intolerable before, watch out!

The second of my resolution slogans came from my older brother. On his cell phone is a wallpaper of a beach in Fiji, subtitled with the words "Suffer For It". While I really have no desire to go to Fiji, the motto is very respectable. I plan on joining a gym soon, much like millions of others this January. I'm tired of being skinny, and I'm willing to suffer to change that. There's a few things that I want this year that I am willing to suffer for. However, in accordance with my first resolution, I refuse to suffer through any bullshit, so don't even try it.

Among my other resolutions, I plan to get a new job, and I will avoid using sugary cola beverages as a replacement for water. Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get that new job. I had an interview at a respected temp agency the other day that went quite well, so I'm hoping that turns up some new oppurtunities.

So hey, Happy New Year people! And while you're here, why don't you share some of your own resolutions, provided that they are sans bullshit.

4 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I made good on last year's resolution. I smiled practically all night.

Good luck on your new ones Tay, lemme know if you ever need a hand.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Wow, you gotta a new friend!

Seriously, new year resolutions should be called "January, February and maybe March Resolutions" cause thats about as long as they last till life makes you too busy/lazy/cathartic to remember/care.

So I guess that makes New Year Resolutions just a big bunch of bullshit. Which, in accordance to your first resolution would thusly nullify each other...I think.

As for the gaining weight thing; Tay if you're built anything like me (ridiculously high metabolism) then you're gonna need a dietitian (sp?) and a trainer. I've tried that stupid powder stuff, the drinks and even just going to the gym before with no real results.

Good luck with it.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Maybe you'd be better served doing something more fun than the gym. I think one of Kevin's friends does capoeria (which is great for upper body I hear), that might be cool alternative. Also, by the time you're done you'll practially be a breakdancer, so that's pretty rad.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Uhm... so, if say "No Bullshitville" was a town, who would be the mayor?

YOU know. YOU ALL KNOW.

Oh, and re: bulking up... I hear it's all got to do w/ carbs and protein and when you eat them. To build muscle and beef up, you eat carbs (complex, of course) before working out, and protein and carbs within 1 hour after. Vice versa to burn fat and build endurance.

Shit, or was that the other way around? I'd better ask Michelle. Just remember that the more you work out, the more you should eat. Otherwise, you'll waste away. And THAT WOULD BE BULLSHIT!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home