Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ontogeny Recapitulates Phylogeny...

...except not really. There's not much here for me to talk about, except maybe do some restaraunt reviews. Me and Chelsea have been eating fancy every now and then, and sometimes I feel the need to spread the word.

You have got to go to Koi, and soon. It's on 1st ST, on the same block as The Vish. The chef/owner is a complete genious. The menu is cheap as all hell, the food is nutritious, and most importantly delicious. We had some seared salmon, some carmalized scallops, and yam fries. The chef/owner even came by our table so that I could ask him how he did the carmel glaze for the scallops. Apparently, the secret ingredient is ginger. I totally love how yam fries are trendy, they're so much tastier than any other side dish you can come up with. Go ahead, try.

We also went to Cilantro on 17th ave. Luckily we weren't spending my money. Don't get me wrong, it was tasty, but it was ess-pensive. I had some kind of spinach penne with seafood, which was right decent, and Chelsea got this delicious salad with mango and walnuts with a lime vinegarette. The best part of that meal though was the appetizer, a red pepper lobster bisque. It recieves my award of Best Soup of the Year, retroactively until the invention of soup.

Every time I walk downtown, there's always some new restaraunt that catches my eye. It is my goal to try them all. And hey, Downtown Dining Week is coming up next month, so we should all clear our schedules and eat a light lunch. I'm in the mood for some prime rib.

*Aside* If I owned a trendy restaraunt, I would totally call the dish The Optimus Prime Rib. It would come with yam fries.

5 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger The Irishman said...

I'm up for dinner extravaganza month... bunch of places I want to go to... Optimus Prime Rib... nice!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

I would totally eat at any restaurant that had dishes named after Transformers. I love it!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Teaching people how to clean? God, can I relate.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Um...you don't eat Koi. Its NOT an eating fish.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

GOD you people make me hungry. I miss downtown dining week... someone go have a decadent dessert in my honour, ok? Or some sable fish. God DAMN that's good stuff.

Well, off I go to scarf leftovers for lunch. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home