Friday, March 03, 2006

A Good Day

To reiterate, today was a pretty good day. Chelsea and I went to Mango Shiva for Downtown Dining Week, and it was fantastic. We were served up three courses of absolute pleasure, from the samosas to the coconut prawns, and capped off with a delicious mango rice pudding. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody in the mood for Indian Cuisine. Tomorrow we're going to Escoba, so you can look forward to a review of that.

After dinner we ran off to see Capote at The Uptown. The only thing I knew about this movie going in was how the lead character dies, a fact that is completely unimportant to the film. I think that maybe this lack of prior knowledge made it more powerful to watch, too often I think I spoil movies for myself by obsessing over trailers. Phillip Seymour Hoffman's portrayal of Truman Capote caught me a bit off gaurd at first, but you really start to grow attached to him quickly. I would say that this is a great movie for people who like to talk about movies and the issues they present after watching them. It's a Good Conversation Movie.

Enough about good food/film though; let's all look at something completly stupid. I mean, what the hell? The only market I can see for these products are siamese twins, none of which are featured modelling the products. Take a look around the site, rub your eyes, and then look again. Weird shit.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Oh YUM, I love Escoba. Mostly for the atmosphere, I think. The food is nice, but it didn't blow me away... I had a duck confit something or other. It was very good, but it sure wasn't no sablefish at Murrieta's. Yay Downtown Dining Week!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home