Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Built A Chandelier Today

I didn't mean to build a chandelier today, it certainly wasn't my intention when I woke up this afternoon. But that's what happened. I was at Home Depot looking for floor tiles I could use for another project in my head (they didn't have jack), when I came upon this nifty little twin socket adaptor. It occured to me that while they are merely meant to hold two lightbulbs, they could be daisy-chained together to form a binary tree of dozens. After some quick calculations in my head, I bought 15 adaptors, 16 15-watt bulbs, and took them all home and put them together. It totally worked! However, the results of the massive 16 bulb arrangement were blinding, to the point where I couldn't see my computer screen it was so washed out. So I split the difference, cut it down to 8 bulbs, and now my basement is lit so well it looks like I'm seeing it for the first time.

God, it's a mess.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Is your camera back yet? That pic of the adaptor leaves much to the imagination.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Not yet, but rest assured, there will be pictures to take as soon as it's back in my hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home