Friday, May 12, 2006

In Which Tay Is Not Necessarily Smart With His Money

It's true, a fool and his money are soon parted. A recent merger, combined with a pregnancy in my company has resulted in me getting a lot of extra overtime. To celebrate, I've been buying things that I would not normally splurge on.

First up was a DVD player, which I was lacking. I guess this wasn't such a stupid purchase. After all, they just had a price drop on the Playstation 2: Return to the Island of Dr. Playstation, so I figured "why not". I burned through Kingdom Hearts 2: Son of Kingdom Hearts in about a week, and now I'm working on Metal Gear Solid 3: Metal Gear's Revenge. Don't worry, I don't have any more ridiculous sequel titles planned for the rest of this post.

While I haven't exactly "purchased" it yet, per se, I have made an appointment at Bushido to have a new tattoo installed. Through the magic of photoshop, I've crafted a very good outline of what design I desire, and layered it overtop a picture of me to show how it might look when it's done. I'd share these images, but I'm sure you fellows could do without pictures of my sickly self not wearing a shirt. I'm scheduled to be in the hot seat in mid-July. Apparently they're booked solid for months, scrubbing off tattoos reading "Calgary Flames: Stanley Cup '06".

Next up on my shopping list was a new wallet. For the last little while I've been using my old cigarette case to hold my money, and that was pretty cool. But it's crap compared to the ACM Money Clip. This thing is so rad it hurts.

Possibly the dumbest of my purchases came this morning though, when I followed an ad at Penny Arcade, telling me about the wonders of the Omni from Sumo Lounge. Sure enough, I'm a sucker for a sale, and this house will be needing new furniture soon. Add in free shipping, and my credit card number is yours for the taking. After getting some well-deserved sleep, I realize now that the model pictured in the advertisements will probably not accompany my purchase. All the same, I'm still excited.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Kingdom Hearts 2 was awesome, I'm sure you'll enjoy. Don't know about MGS3 tho. All indications are it being stellar. I couldn't get past #2's crazy plot. 4 looks like its gonna be spectacular.

Save you pennies for Okami.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home