Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately

So everybody's moved in the house now, and things are going pretty well. Really well actually. Lately everybody's been hanging out after work and stuff, and we all seem to be getting on famously. The only problem I have with the new roommates is this: I'm not sure I can handle being the 2nd best cook in the house. To thank me for painting her room, Lisa repaid me with a steak dinner, better than anything I've ever paid for. I am basically going to stalk her until I find out how she made the reduced whiskey sauce for that meat.

Jon will probably talk about this more than me, and probably with a much greater sense of knowledge, but he bought a new tv recently. I can't describe how insanely gorgeous this thing looks. Watching DVDs is a completely new experience. Speaking of which, Jon has got me hooked on some great shows now. Firefly is fantastic sci-fi, I enjoy it particularily for it's lack of bug-eyed aliens that are really just racial stereotypes. Arrested Development is also great, easily one of the best-written shows ever. I'm going to watch them all soon enough, I'm sure.

The dudes in the house have also become quickly addicted to the show Mantracker on Outdoor Life Network. It tells the story of a man. A man who tracks men. He's really good at it too. Several men have gone against him, and they all got tracked. Basically, it's hide-and-seek for people who aren't afraid of being run over by the world's biggest badass and his horse. The general concensus is that the show needs a theme to play as Mantracker does his man tracking. I'm currently reworking the lyrics of Ghost Riders In The Sky, part of which will explain how Mantracker is bad enough of a dude to rape you with a tree.

8 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

What if Mantracker and Dog the Bounty Hunter went head to head? What would happen???

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Cutest. Kids. EVER.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Can Dog look at a tree that you touched, and use the information gathered from it to launch a SCUD missle down your pants?

I didn't think so.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Country Fried Chicken?
Cold Freezing Chills?

I don't get it.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger jon said...

firefly is very good, but the new bsg is better.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

bsg? Which what who?

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Bermuda Shorts Galaxy. We really do need to reign in the undefined acronyms, I think. This is starting to get out of hand.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Your mom had a literacy issue last night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home