Thursday, August 03, 2006

R.M.P. and the Bi-Curious Bike Couriers

Well, I've been 23 for about a month now, and I have to say that things are going a lot better than I expected. Really, the only bad thing to happen to me this month is Erron, and frankly that's nothing more than a funny story to tell now. Making him homeless brought on a great sense of schadenfreude that I can't deny. Actually, that's giving myself too much credit. He made himself homeless, I just made it official. If I'm anything like him when I'm 30, kill me. No questions asked.

The new job is working out pretty well, and the new roommates are working out even better. After a little party that went down in the house, Lisa made us all breakfast. Not crappy cereal, served in an old yoogurt container, bu rather bacon, eggs, and waffles with a homemade maple/apricot syrup. So basically my roommate choosing ability is either hit or miss. Kirsten (who will probably hereafter be referred to as "Kit") also seems really cool. Jon is just basically the decent guy he's always been. Everyone is excited to be living with each other, and it looks like it's going to be a great year.

I finally found the perfect coffee table for my Lite-Brite conversion project. I'm psyched to get that started. It's gonna be the raddest thing ever, basically. I've also been working hard lately on other furniture. Jon and I have been putting in some hours in the garage, painting over Adam's ugly-ass end tables and transforming them into sexy high-gloss kick-ass endtables. Also, we got a kitchen table too, one that now matches our chairs and everything. This house is going to kick so much ass, it's scary.

It's all pos, people. It's all pos.

6 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

What's all this about a bi-curious bike couriour now? Did s/he propose an RMP?

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Good lord, that was quick. I didn't even finish writing the post, and you're already commenting.

Anyways, the story goes that Lisa (roommate Lisa) was introducing all her friends to me at the Hop n' Brew (Hoppin' Brue?). When I asked what they all did and how they all knew each other, I could have sworn that she said "They're all bi-curious".

Now, it was pretty loud in the bar, and I didn't want to press the issue any further, even though it raised several questions in my head. How could they all know each other and still be curious? Do they all just find each other incredibly unattractive? Anyways, 10 minutes later it clicked that I had misunderstood, and a jolly laugh was had by all.

The whole blog post title was really meant to be a cool inside-joke band name.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Sci-Fi.com isn't blocking our access to Screw-On Head because we're Canadian. The guys over at Boing-Boing can't watch it either. That's why there's now a YouTube link to the show. If you haven't watched it yet, do so now. I command you!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I'm pretty sure Jon's going to sleep on the couch, eat your food and not pay rent. But that's just my opinion.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Whatever man, who cares. The point is that it's on YouTube now, so everybody can enjoy it regardless of whatever retarded restrictions SciFi.com has.

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Kyle, don't be a hater. Stop hating. Throw up your genuinely funny acronym to Creative Commons and Fair Use and all that and let everybody have a little fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home