Saturday, October 21, 2006

New Music Weekend

I picked up Cadence Weapon's Breaking Kayfabe on the news that the Edmonton rapper proclaims to make music "for white guys with glasses". That pretty much hits the mark, it sounds like low-fi glitchy laptop techno rap. Just don't expect anything too profound, lyrically speaking. He is from Edmonton, after all.

On a lark I bought Combines, the remix EP from some of my favorite indie-rockers, Shout Out Louds. It's mostly pretty good, but I was very dissapointed by the terrible remix done by Architecture in Helsinki. I think that they make rad music, but an exceptionally shitty remix. Just download the Ratatat remix and skip the rest.

The Pipettes are basically what would happen if the Spice Girls were transported back to the 60's, and learned to play their own intruments. Not everybody can be a pipette. You have to be pretty, and own a polka-dot dress. Their album is called We are the Pipettes, because they don't want any confusion as to the name of the band who's album you just bought.

The Bicycles are a really fun band that sing wishy-washy songs that will probably be in a future episode of Gilmore Girls or something. It took like 2 months to get the album ordered in from Play, but it's pretty good. It's called The Good, The Bad and The Cuddly. Listen to the track Paris Be Mine, and I think you'll agree that they've got a fun little sound to them.

I need to learn how to use YouTube. I have some great footage edited from the zombie walk, and I want to share clips with you guys. I figure that if every 12 year old with an old episode of Family Guy can do it, I shouldn't have problems.

Super-Extra Update!

7 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I am not able to view this masterpiece.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger OmniTech said...

I'm on YouTube.
>>HERE<<

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Yay! Mike's a Web-Celebrity. A Webrity, even. That's pretty rad. In other news, I fixed that whole YouTube link, so it should work just fine now.

Finally, I want to apologize to the webernets. I've been treating you like a dump truck, and not the glorious series of tubes that you are.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I wanna be a weblebrity too!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

LoL

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Cara-bellum said...

Holy crap, that video (and soundtrack!) is the best thing ever. Was that Jon's old jacket that you tore up?

And Tay, you totally can't masturbate to that website. What the hell.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

That's Tay's old Initial Security jacket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home