Friday, November 10, 2006

Are you Watching Closely?

So there are a couple of movies that I've seen recently worth talking about. The first up is Borat: Ridiculously Long Subtitle In Obvious Engrish Joke. Honestly, I can't believe how huge this movie is. The shows are all sold out, it's #1 in the box office, and this asshole gets to do his schtick on every talk show on the dial. What's up with that? I honestly thought that this flick would have little more than a cult following, not a balls-out super following like it does. Not that this movie doesn't deserve the success it's achieved. I was laughing my ass off all through it, it's really that good.

Even better than Borat was The Prestige, where Batman and Wolverine get stuck in an alternate universe, and they must compete to see who is the best prestidigitarian. Ziggy Stardust plays the magical wizard with the power to set things right. Seriously though, this movie is rad, and had me trying to stay ahead of the plot the entire time. Every two minutes, a new plot twist or mystery is added to the equation. The biggest mystery of them all: how on earth does that corset stay on Scarlett Johansen? Hot stuff, let me tell you. I will admit though, one of the last plot twists of the film nearly ruined this movie for me, if it hadn't been so awesome up until that point I would have been very dissapointed. I wish I could say more, but I don't want to wreck an otherwise perfectly awesome cool movie for you guys. You should just see it, so that you'll know what I'm talking about.

In non-movie realated news, I asked a lady if she would be my girlfriend, and she said yes, so now I guess I have a girlfriend. Who knew that all you had to do was ask?

2 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger The Man In Japan said...

LOL, after the first plot twist, they became "pot twists" and "plat twists" LOL

Ironically enough, asking is probably the best way.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Tay said...

You'll have to forgive me, it was a godless hour when that post was typed. I've fixed what I can, hopefully it's more readable now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home