Thursday, November 30, 2006

Big Decisions

I may have a new job soon. I interviewed for the position this afternoon, and the job is mine if I want it. I just don't know if I want it. I thought that it might be good to do a pros/cons list to help me decide, so here we go.

Pros
- The job is in Kensington, so the commute is 10 minutes or less.
- It's with Bernard Callebaut, so I'd get free chocolates (They call it "homework")
- No more night shifts.
- My coworkers would be all women, which would be a welcome change from the factory bums that I'm used to.

Cons
- I would have to take a $2/h pay cut.

This wouldn't be a permanent job thing, just another latteral move as I try and find my way into a bank or office setting. Naaz pimped out my resume, so hopefully I will be able to get on with something like that soon. In the meantime though, I'm seriously considering becoming a chocolate man. I have until Monday to make up my mind, so I'm just gonna let it stew around in my head for a while.

8 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Screw this, I took the job. It all comes down to a question: "Where do I want to work tomorrow?"

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Congrats!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I'm sure Cara will be extra nice to you after she reads where you are working.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

I expect gifts.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger OmniTech said...

Possibly of the chocolate variety.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suuuuper extra nice. BFF nice. Will you get to meet the man himself?

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Tay said...

Probably, he is said to make visits to all the stores at some point or another every now and then. Being the egomaniac that he is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him doing the rounds, making sure that his name is being represented well.

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were Bernard, I'd insist on being carried around on a throne-like contraption, while minions tossed chocolate-scented petals about me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home