Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Who Would Have Guessed?

I got the chance to hang out with some of Naaz's friends the other day, and it proved to be an interesting experience. I never once would have thought that I'd be getting into an argument over Michael Shermer. I brought up the subject of his TED Talk speech (Thanks Mike!), and all of a sudden this girl blurts out:

"Michael Shermer? I hate that guy."

Perhaps I should have left it at that, but curiosity got the better of me. I mean, how does somebody come to hate a science historian and generally funny guy? I had to know, so I asked her what she finds in the man that is so perturbative to her.

"He ruins all my UFO and ghost shows."

Well then. Far be it from me at this point to tell her that he actually produces those kinds of shows, while being the voice of reason in a gallery of crystal-ballin' gypsies and tinfoil hat-wearin' weirdos.

I wasn't really feeling garrulous enough to argue my point fully at the time, so I'm pretty sure we just agreed to disagree. Man, but do I really hate doing that. It was probably for the best though, the last thing that I want is for my girlfriend's best friend to hate me.

Wait, scratch that. The last thing that I want is diseases. I hate those things.

Million Dollar Idea of the Day: Get Out of Awkward Conversation Free Card.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

I could probably make a Get Into Akward Conversation Free Card...

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger OmniTech said...

I AM an awkward conversation. And you're welcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home