Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Imagination is Stuck

I just can't wrap my head around this one. My nerdcore skate label needs 3 things here: a name, a logo, and a slogan. I can't come up with any of those. I know what they should be like though, so I won't be too surprised when it hits me upside the face.

The name needs to sound smart, not cool. Like some kind of trick spelling of a little-known word that isn't longer than 2 syllables.

The logo should be a stylized version of a nifty lookin' math symbol. Phil, got any ideas?

The slogan should be some clever latin pun.

I need ideas, people!

7 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Semper FLY? Is that a good pun? I should be able to do better...

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Man of the Century said...

I dunno, if it weren't a phrase closely associated with the Marines it might work. Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis which is Latin for "always faithful". I suppose that would mean Semper Fly would mean "always fly", which I think is pretty cool.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Tay said...

We'll consider it then. I did know the translation and it's military association, (thanks Aesop Rock!), it just seems a bit too simple. Ideally, I'd like to have the kind of latin phrase that would look good on a university logo, or coat of arms. I need to find somebody that speaks latin.

I thought that maybe Zero One would be a cool brand name, but it seems to be taken by several entities such as paintball and web design. Nevermind.

Would it be uncouth to use the Superbrother brand name for this project? It would save me the time of designing an equally nerdcore name/logo.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Tay said...

"Vade retro me, Follis" or: Get thee behind me, idiot.

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Wait, that one could easily be taken the wrong way.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Going through all of these is making my brain hurt.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Man of the Century said...

The dimentions would probably fit pretty well on a longboard too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home