Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ray Smuckles Where Are You

I got me TWO million dollar ideas today! It's been a good day.

MDI #1: Me and Ryan are going to attempt to build our own longboards for the Spring. Ryan wants to do it so that he can design the artwork adorning the bottom of the board. I just want to ride a longboard. But I digress. Watching the historical culture shift that nerd empowerment, it struck me that it may now have the power to co-opt other sub-cultures. Which is why I would like to tackle one of the more exclusionary cliques found amongst youth today: skaters. I want to start a company that would market skateboards (or at the very least longboards) to nerds. Just like rap music, my main revenue would not be generated by my target audience. No, real nerds might not leave their mother's basements in hoards to try my Nerdcore brand of alternative transportation, but there are plenty of fake nerds that will. Wow, you have your own website? I'm impresesed. Groan.

MDI #2: Keeping on my skateboarding train of thought, I want to create an ice-skateboard. Take a regular deck, remove the wheels, and attach 4 custom blades to the trucks. Me and Jon and Lisa have gone over this in our heads, and for the life of us we can't see why this wouldn't work and be awesome.

Can I ask you guys a favour? As my audience here is comprised entirely of nerds (a term which I use only in the highest reverence), would you do me the honour of pitching some ideas as to some brand names I can use for this latest project, or maybe some slogans? Whatever you got, really.

p.s. I'm in a contest that labels me as a genius. Tee-hee.

5 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

A possible problem with #2 is that while the time-tested kick-push propulsion technique works well on high grip surfaces how the fuck will that work on not so grippy ice? I mean, you could potentially strap sandpaper to your shoes...

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Tay said...

I've already got it covered dude. Curling shoes. For curlers. That should do the trick, right?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Ryan Alvin Tang said...

Maybe. I don't know nothing 'bout no curling.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Tay said...

Update: This creative-commons image is exactly the kind of thing that would be adorning my boards.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home